How Do I Make Cake That Looks Like It Was In A Car Accident?

Decorating By mindywith3boys Updated 24 Feb 2011 , 5:44am by Ursula40

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 5:26am
post #1 of 3

I have to make a wedding cake for a friend of mine. His choir is doing a murder mystery performance. In the script, it says that the wedding cake was involved in a car accident on the way to the reception. I was thinking of making a leaning cake, but I'm having problem visualizing how to do that. I don't want topsy turvy. I want three tiers. HELP! They are going to eat the cake. The murder takes place at a (fake)wedding reception.

Any ideas would be SOOO appreciated!

TIA ~Mindy

2 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 5:42am
post #2 of 3

Put it in a box, don't adhere it to the cake board, don't dowel it, and take it for a drive on bad roads with lots of curves. Make sure it's not sitting level and sitting it in front of the heater vents going full blast will help, too.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 5:44am
post #3 of 3

I suppose the easiest way would be not to level the cakes, but to have them slightly slanted to one side each. Best would be to stack them onsite to prevent them from really falling though and stick them onto the tier below real well. A slight angle will magnify up to the top, them on the tilted side mess up the icing a bit on purpose and keep the other side beautiful

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%