I Need An Idea, Please Help!

Decorating By threeforhim Updated 25 Feb 2011 , 4:25am by cakemamaof3

threeforhim Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 3:15am
post #1 of 5

Every time we have a dinner at church I make a cake. It is usually something to go with our theme. Globe w/flags for Missions Conf. 09. Race car for Missions' Conf. 10. Rocket for month campaign, etc.

We're having a friend day on March 6. There is no theme really. The picture slide is several dogs looking out of the trunk of a car. I made a edible image last year, it was a facebook image slide so I don't want to do that again. Anyone have any suggestions. The cake can be whatever I want it to be as far as theme, flavor, size, etc. since I'm just doing it because I want to. icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
VaBelle Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 3:34am
post #2 of 5

Hhhhmmmmm...first thing that comes to my mind is different animals playing, like two dogs playing or snuggling, two kitties playing with some yarn, ducks swimming in line, so on and so forth. It's late so my brain has already stopped functioning. Hope it helps you come up with something or someone else has a better idea.

Kisses123 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 9:42am
post #3 of 5

Whether you are a seasoned caker or just starting out, coming up with creative cake ideas can be a challenge. Sometimes you just need to take a look at what other people are doing and get a fresh vision.

Don't be afraid to try something new. If you have a certain design in mind then go ahead and give it a try. Be fearless, it is, after all, only cake.

threeforhim Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 2:40am
post #4 of 5

Yes, I agree, sometimes the well is just dry. That is why I asked for some ideas. I've been looking on cc trying to come up with something and I am still at a lossl. icon_smile.gif

cakemamaof3 Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 4:25am
post #5 of 5

Have you looked at http://www.extraicing.co.uk/#/welcome/4530751764. The woman is a member on CC I just can't remember her username. She has tutorials on how to make people and such. You could do a literal theme on friends day. Make a cake with several little characters of friends (ie: two girlfriends, a boy and his dog). Hope this helps, I'm pretty new to cake decorating and also to CC (haven't had time to download any pics on here yet) myself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%