Help!!!! Where Can I Buy 25 Lbs Or More Buttercream Tubs????

Decorating By Ambers_Sweet_Treats Updated 14 Mar 2011 , 3:57am by Ambers_Sweet_Treats

Ambers_Sweet_Treats Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 2:50am
post #1 of 6

I have a huge and i am talking i have to at least make 4000 servings of cake (for a 32000 people event)

and i will be sp busy baking the cake that i wont have time or a big enough mixer to make the buttercream!

this is also a donated cake so i am not getting paid so paying more in shipping than what the bc costs is not an option.

I live in the durham region (ontario) so preferably within driving distance

the supplier i have doesnt sell bc anymore because there is not enough demand for it

5 replies
tiggy2 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 2:52am
post #2 of 6

Do't know if you have Sam's Club but they sell it in the bakery department

cmehend Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 3:03am
post #3 of 6

Sam's club was going to be my suggestion also. A five gallon bucket is about $30.

Ambers_Sweet_Treats Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 6

thanks but the sams club here closed down a few years back they just couldn't compete with the cosco right by it and the fact that it was right beside their super walmart poor planning if u want to open two stores space them out not in the same parking lot lol

sugardugar Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 9:26pm
post #5 of 6

BC stays good for ages - make it gf!

Ambers_Sweet_Treats Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 3:57am
post #6 of 6
Originally Posted by sugardugar

BC stays good for ages - make it gf!

has anyone every heard of or used "blended shortening"?
it has been the only one I can find in Bulk it is a 44Lbs box. I will make the bc but I just want to know if it is going to turn out the same as if I used vegetable shortening like I always do. I always do a 50/50 mix.

and I know everyone says high ratio shortening but what is it really??? the only place I have ever seen the name on anything was at the bulk barn! how do you know if it is high ratio? and more importantly maybe that is what blended shortening is??????

I have until the 25 th this month the event is the 26th

Quote by @%username% on %date%