Cake Boxes For Tiered Cakes????

Business By tabco Updated 24 Feb 2011 , 1:30am by DSmo

tabco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabco Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone know if they make them and if so where to buy them wholesale? What do you all use for your tiered cakes when people come to pick them up??

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 5

Delivery system boxes by Bakery Crafts:
http://bakerycrafts.com/Home/Items/tabid/69/SrchStr/del%20sys/Default.aspx
(scroll to the bottom of the page.)

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 12:38am
post #3 of 5

I tape the boxes with the lid open and then cover the front in cellophane. Works great since they can see the cake without having to disturb it.

winnieyoung103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winnieyoung103 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 1:12am
post #4 of 5

I thought the boxes for tiered cakes were alittle pricey so I made a box for mine. I took a cardboard box the dimension of the bottom of the cake.(so it doesn't slide around) I cut one side open to make a flap ( to easily slide the cake in and out of). Next I make a lid out of another box. I bought rolls of pretty paper at the dollar store and cover box and lid. Looks really pretty and only cost me a dollar for the box and alittle time to make it. Also I do put shelf gripper material in just to hold cake in place.

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 1:30am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyCakes

I tape the boxes with the lid open and then cover the front in cellophane. Works great since they can see the cake without having to disturb it.

Me too.

And a couple of times I cut the top off one box and the bottom off another and taped them together to make a tall box.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%