The Pouffy Cake ???

Decorating By BoozeBabe Updated 25 Feb 2011 , 6:07pm by btrsktch

BoozeBabe Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 5

A month or so ago someone had a post about how a particular cake was done. It was a competition cake I think. It had a somewhat pouffy ( for lack of a better word) layer done in fondant. It was a gorgeous cake ans was supposed to be featured in Cake Central Magazine I think.

People were guessing how the pouffy part was created.

Does anyone know the outcome of how that technique was done?

4 replies
imagenthatnj Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 5

This was the thread:

And this was a person who just tried it using her own technique.

And the rest of us are still waiting for the CC magazine first issue of this year, where supposedly the technique will be shown.

btrsktch Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 12:22am
post #3 of 5

You can also find out how to do it in Kerry Vincent's book Romantic Wedding Cakes, circa 2001 page 56. She calls it 'puffed swags'.

icer101 Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 12:33am
post #4 of 5

Iam looking at this pic now. It does look a lot like the one the op is talking about. I followed that thread the other week. No magazine to see it in. Can,t wait to see if it the same technique.

btrsktch Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 6:07pm
post #5 of 5

Yea. I read the thread and feel kind of bad for the decorator calling it her original technique. I only caught it cause I was flipping through the book last week looking for inspiration for an upcoming show.

Quote by @%username% on %date%