It's A Great Feeling!

Decorating By m_willford Updated 22 Feb 2011 , 11:31pm by sullymel13

m_willford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_willford Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 3

When you finish a cake and deliver it, and the customer loves it as much as you do! Thanks to all the great advice on these forums, and some tiara templates in the galleries, I made my first royal icing tiara, painted silver, and complete with colored isomalt jewels. I took it to the customer at work, had to talk about my son's eyeglasses there anyway so figured I'd save her a trip. She was ecstatic! I even got a great big hug, and she was showing the cake off to the ladies in her office.

This is why I love cakes. Powdered sugar everywhere, cake crumbs on the counter, numb hands (darn carpal tunnel).... All worth it when someone gets your vision!

Question though. Has anyone here used the Raspberry Filling on ladycakes .com? I tried it and it just tasted blah, and cornstarchy. I ended up using a different filling, but any advice on hers? Because I'd love to try it again if I can get the starch taste out of it.

2 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 3

It is great isn't it? When you hand over a cake and the person is thrilled with it. Makes it all worth it (I don't sell cakes, just for family and friends).

Can't help with the filling. Hopefully someone who knows will post.

sullymel13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sullymel13 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 3

Great cake, deserving of a great feeling of accomplishment! I know how you feel - after every cake I feel like "this is it!" but then I get nice compliments, and I am ready to do it again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%