Need Help With Two Color Buttercream/keeping Them Seperate!

Decorating By holliellen Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 4:06pm by holliellen

holliellen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holliellen Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 8

Here is the link to the cake I want to make :
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1905734

My question is, How do you do the pink center when using all buttercream? I dont know how to get it so perfect and keep the two colors seperate. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Hollie

7 replies
Mb20fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mb20fan Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 8

Here's a guess...Pipe the outline of the pink area (thin line) then pipe inside (larger tip) to fill the square. Let it crust then smooth. You can cover up your outline with the border...maybe??? Made sense in my head...Lol

Adorable cake!

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 8

Super cute cake!
Although I have never done this, If I were trying to just figure it out myself, I would cover that pink center area with a square cut out, frost all the white, take the square (cardboard or whatever) off to expose a square of naked cake.
Then plop your pink in the middle but use the flat edge, standing upright if need be, of the cardboard as a seperator of the two colors. Sort of like a wall.
When done, the edge will be covered in the black where they come together.

Make sense?
Anyone have a better idea or know how to really do this?
Have you tried PMing the owner of the pic?

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 8

Honestly, jewels' idea seems a bit complicated. I would do what Mb20fan suggests, or you could do a FBCT of the message and pink square, or even just the pink square. I think the FBCT would be the easiest way to go about it.

ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 8

I did somthing similar only the center part was a heart. I frosted the whole cake in white and did the heart by outlining the shape with a toothpick and filling it in with red frosting. I waited until the white frosting was crusted and made the heart frosting a little thin. I think a FBCT would also work.

holliellen Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 8

I PM'd the creator of this cake and this is what she said:

Hi I frost the whole top of the cake and let it crust. Then I cut a piece of wax paper the size of the top of the cake. Out of the center of the paper I cut a square the size I need. I then place the paper back on the top of the cake and fill in the cut out hole with the pink icing. It doesn't have to be completely perfect around the edges, because your piping will cover that part up. Hope this helps Glad to help anytime!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose_N_Crantz

Honestly, jewels' idea seems a bit complicated. I would do what Mb20fan suggests, or you could do a FBCT of the message and pink square, or even just the pink square. I think the FBCT would be the easiest way to go about it.

I agree this is the easiest way.

holliellen Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:06pm
post #8 of 8

Well I did it! You can lookin my photos! It was soo easy with the wax paper!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%