Edible Printer Recommendations

Decorating By Something-Yummy Updated 25 Feb 2011 , 10:53pm by sheilabelle

Something-Yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Something-Yummy Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 7

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have a question about any recommendations anyone may have for the best edible image printer out there. I'm wanting to get a printer for edible imaging that will also have a scanner. I have a computer I can hook it up to. I have received a recommendation for a Cannon MX870 but don't know anything about it other than the sales side. Can anyone out there help me? Thanks!

6 replies
MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 5:21am
post #2 of 7

Welcome to the forum! I currently have a Cannon MX700 and looking to get a new one as well. I find that it the first few times it prints pictures they come out very good but after a few the colors don't seem as strong even after cleaning the heads multiple times. My sheets come from Kopykake.

Thanks for asking the question!

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 5:26am
post #3 of 7

I just found a discussion from February 21st and a few people listed their printers. Type in "printer" in the search feature and past discussions will pop up.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 7

Canon MP560 is a very good printer for EIs. I've found icingimages gold label inks to be superior to kopykake inks.

Something-Yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Something-Yummy Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks so much for your help! Can't wait to get one and try it out icon_biggrin.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 9:18pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks Tiggy, Something-Yummy, if you have any questions, I will be glad to help!

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 10:53pm
post #7 of 7

I have the Cannon IP3600 and love it. I also love the icingimages inks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%