Edible Printer Recommendations

Decorating By Something-Yummy Updated 25 Feb 2011 , 10:53pm by sheilabelle

Something-Yummy Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 7

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have a question about any recommendations anyone may have for the best edible image printer out there. I'm wanting to get a printer for edible imaging that will also have a scanner. I have a computer I can hook it up to. I have received a recommendation for a Cannon MX870 but don't know anything about it other than the sales side. Can anyone out there help me? Thanks!

6 replies
MCurry Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 5:21am
post #2 of 7

Welcome to the forum! I currently have a Cannon MX700 and looking to get a new one as well. I find that it the first few times it prints pictures they come out very good but after a few the colors don't seem as strong even after cleaning the heads multiple times. My sheets come from Kopykake.

Thanks for asking the question!

MCurry Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 5:26am
post #3 of 7

I just found a discussion from February 21st and a few people listed their printers. Type in "printer" in the search feature and past discussions will pop up.

tiggy2 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 7

Canon MP560 is a very good printer for EIs. I've found icingimages gold label inks to be superior to kopykake inks.

Something-Yummy Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks so much for your help! Can't wait to get one and try it out icon_biggrin.gif

icingimages Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 9:18pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks Tiggy, Something-Yummy, if you have any questions, I will be glad to help!

sheilabelle Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 10:53pm
post #7 of 7

I have the Cannon IP3600 and love it. I also love the icingimages inks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%