Golden Retriever

Lounge By LisaMarie86 Updated 24 Feb 2011 , 3:00am by GeorgiaGingerbread

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 8

Hello just wondering how many other golden lovers are out there. We lost our 13 year old golden in November and are opening our hearts and home to another one hopefully this weekend. We went out last night and spent about 150 on him. Got all kinds of goodies for him. Going to make him a couple blankets too. Maybe some dog biscuits if I get time for the ride back home. He will be just shy of 7 weeks when we get him. He goes to the vet on Thursday and hopefully they approve him going home. I am thinking about naming him Bentley but want to meet him first to make sure it fits. Any advice for us we havent had a puppy in so long. Also any good dog treat recipes? I cannot wait for my little guy to come home.

7 replies
mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 8

I love Goldens! That will be my next dog. Right now I have a black lab who is 15 years old, today.
I am so happy for you and your new "baby". It totally put a smile on my face. icon_biggrin.gif I love the name too!

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 4:55am
post #3 of 8

I have one! My wonderful Holden. Ironically I just had him in the vet today, he's been a puking pooping mess for 2 days (which is weird for him, healthiest dog I've ever had). I was worried he might have picked up a parasite of some sort, which was my wost-case scenario.

Vet is running tests, they suspect Lymphomia. icon_cry.gifthumbsdown.gif

But back to your puppy, lots of love, patience and obedience school!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 8

i'm another fan! i don't currently have one (we're waiting until both of our kids are in school in a few years) but i had one when i lived at home for about 12 years.

LisaMarie86 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

I have one! My wonderful Holden. Ironically I just had him in the vet today, he's been a puking pooping mess for 2 days (which is weird for him, healthiest dog I've ever had). I was worried he might have picked up a parasite of some sort, which was my wost-case scenario.

Vet is running tests, they suspect Lymphomia. icon_cry.gifthumbsdown.gif

But back to your puppy, lots of love, patience and obedience school!

I love that name. I hope everything turns out good. My guy was taking more meds than you could shake a stick at and finally his kidneys were failing so we had to put him down. He was itching constantly from the toxins and had to have a cone. He was the best dog ever though.

LisaMarie86 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 5:06pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydragon663

I love Goldens! That will be my next dog. Right now I have a black lab who is 15 years old, today.
I am so happy for you and your new "baby". It totally put a smile on my face. icon_biggrin.gif I love the name too!

Wow well Happy Birthday to your black lab. Thanks my dad isnt so sure about the name were going to wait until we see him to officially decide but I think its going to stick.

JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 6:13pm
post #7 of 8

LisaMarie- so sorry to hear about losing your Golden. They really are the best dogs! My Bailey is going to be 9 this spring. You know how it is- they mush and love themselves into being an actual family member! icon_smile.gif I'm excited for you with the upcoming arrival! Big doggie smooches to your new pup!

GeorgiaGingerbread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeorgiaGingerbread Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 3:00am
post #8 of 8

LOVE my Goldens! I have two. My male is considered an 'English' Golden Retriever and he is the most beautiful shade of cream! They really are the best dogs ever and are so wonderful with my children. Good luck with your new puppy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%