Audrey Hepburn Cake Ideas

Decorating By angelmare Updated 24 Feb 2011 , 3:24pm by angelmare

angelmare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelmare Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 9

I am making a theme of Audrey Hepburn - Breakfast at Tiffany's cake.
They dont want the Blue tiffany box, more items from her and the movie.
ANy ideas other than, the black dress, pearls, sunglasses...

Right now I am doing a round, tiffany blue cake with a draped black dress, pearls, sunglasses, floppy hat, white bow, and she asked for red rose.

Any ideas on how to put these on the cake so it looks not jumbled, I would really appreciate it!!!!

Thanks

8 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 1:04am
post #2 of 9

I love this one:
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1584072

It sounds like you have an awful lot going on for one round cake.

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 1:30am
post #3 of 9

Why not 'frame' your cake with a real picture frame to make it appear as if you are looking into Tiffany's window...or make the dress as the bridal dress cakes (on a mannequin) with all the extras at the bottom of the dress on top of the Tiffany box?

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 1:48am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

I love this one:

It sounds like you have an awful lot going on for one round cake.

I agree. Maybe just focus on a couple of things, like the black dress and pearls. Those two things, along with the bow and flower that your client wants are more than enough for a single cake, IMHO.

angelmare Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 9

Yes, I agree, it's alot, but the client asked for these things to be put on the cake, that's why I am asking for ideas...
I don't want it to look too crazy. Help!!

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 3:56pm
post #6 of 9

Maybe you could make small fondant cutouts of these things and randomly put them on the side of the cake (kind of a whimsical style). You could make little fondant sunglassess, black dresses, small tiaras, etc. You could then make the pearl necklaces from royal icing or you could buy those edible pearls that Wilton makes to make a few pearl necklaces. If you have to put all of the things on this cake, I think the smaller scale cut outs would look okay. Then you could put fondant bow on top with a flower.

Or you could make a single, long black dress that sits on top of the cake and drapes down the side. Then, you could do the smaller accessories in fondant either on the sides of the cake (like I described above) or even incorporate each of the accesories on the top of the cake--almost like those bridal shower cakes that are simple and just have the dress on the top with it draping down with a bouquet of flowers on the waistline. You could do that but instead of flowers, maybe use one or more of the other elements with the pearls around the neckline. (I hope makes sense!) Then the bow could go on the bottom border with the flower. Good luck!

angelmare Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 4:14pm
post #7 of 9

I like the cutout idea alot, but I think she's looking for more of a statement!
I was thinking the same idea about the dress being the focus on top - like you said - and incorporating
the other items around that.
And wrapping the ribbon around the bottom with a bow and rose there.

Thank you, just wanted to see if I was thinking on the right track...

AnotherCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCaker Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 6:17pm
post #8 of 9

http://static.artfire.com/admin/product_images/thumbs/32399_product_757941530_thumb_large.jpg

Silhouette's done on double barrel cakes with regular tiers on top look freaking awesome. I did once with Marilyn Monroe in a similar fashion...pretty cool. When you add 3-D elements as well, like jeweled necklaces or earrings, or even the cigarette holder...really pops.

angelmare Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 3:24pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for the silhouttes, that will be a nice touch!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%