Cake For Recipe Bridal Shower

Decorating By leafO Updated 22 Feb 2011 , 8:44pm by leafO

leafO Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 5

A dear friend is having a bridal shower for her daughter next week. It's a recipe themed shower. She wants to me to make a cake and also cupcakes that can be part of the decorations.

I was thinking of maybe doing a cookbook cake but I'm not sure what to do for the cupcakes, I don't have much time to think up ideas since the party is next week. I was hoping you guys could help me out with some great ideas!
Thanks in advance icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
onetier Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 5

You could just do regular cupcakes and then on top make fondant or gumpaste decorations of ingredients you would use in a recipe (for example, eggs, flour etc.) or you could just make mini cookbook decorations to go on top of each cupcake.

KASCARLETT Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 5

and/or you could make fondant decorations of cooking/baking gadgets like rolling pins, whisks (don't know how you would do that one! lol) spoons, bowls, etc. for the cupcakes. I like the cookbook idea.

mccorda Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 5

I did one years ago that looked like a recipe card. It was a "Recipe for a Good Marriage"
Ingredients:
Love, Patience etc.
I don't remember what all it said.

But here is a site I found that has several examples of what you could put on it or mix and match to suit the happy couple!

http://members.cox.net/maltshop/recipesforlife.htm

leafO Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for all the great ideas!

Thanks for the link too, so cute! I'll have to incorporate a recipe card with one of those sayings on it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%