Cake For Recipe Bridal Shower

Decorating By leafO Updated 22 Feb 2011 , 8:44pm by leafO

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 5

A dear friend is having a bridal shower for her daughter next week. It's a recipe themed shower. She wants to me to make a cake and also cupcakes that can be part of the decorations.

I was thinking of maybe doing a cookbook cake but I'm not sure what to do for the cupcakes, I don't have much time to think up ideas since the party is next week. I was hoping you guys could help me out with some great ideas!
Thanks in advance icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
onetier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onetier Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 5

You could just do regular cupcakes and then on top make fondant or gumpaste decorations of ingredients you would use in a recipe (for example, eggs, flour etc.) or you could just make mini cookbook decorations to go on top of each cupcake.

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 5

and/or you could make fondant decorations of cooking/baking gadgets like rolling pins, whisks (don't know how you would do that one! lol) spoons, bowls, etc. for the cupcakes. I like the cookbook idea.

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 5

I did one years ago that looked like a recipe card. It was a "Recipe for a Good Marriage"
Ingredients:
Love, Patience etc.
I don't remember what all it said.

But here is a site I found that has several examples of what you could put on it or mix and match to suit the happy couple!

http://members.cox.net/maltshop/recipesforlife.htm

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for all the great ideas!

Thanks for the link too, so cute! I'll have to incorporate a recipe card with one of those sayings on it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%