Airbrushing Equipment

Decorating By mmmmmmmmcake1954 Updated 23 Feb 2011 , 9:50am by mmmmmmmmcake1954

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone, maybe someone might be able to help me with this. I am a hobby baker and mainly make cakes fro friends and family at the present. I would love to be able to justify buying airbrush equipment - but that is just a bit too expensive for my hobby baking at the moment. I have seen on ebay a smaller and much less expensive airbrush equipment and wondered whether anyone on cc had used it and if it was any good, I will try to put the link and hopefully will get some replies from you. Many thanks. thumbs_up.gif I hope you are able to open the file icon_confused.gif

6 replies
mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 7

icon_redface.gif Sorry the file didn't attach - have tried to attach but I am not having much luck. the link is: www. icon_lol.gif it's a bit longwinded icon_rolleyes.gif

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 7

Is there anyone out there who can help/advise if they think that this might be a reasonally good starter kit icon_smile.gif

Davwattie Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 7

That one you listed is just for the spray bottle and connections to fit onto an air compressor which all garages would have anyway.

This is the full kit which is a good price

Then you would have to buy to spray colours

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 7

Davwattie, thumbs_up.gif thanks so much for your help - I would not have realised this, thanks for the link to full kit. I have already bought some of the Amerimist Air Brush colours - I shall invest in the kit now. Is it easy to get the hang of?

Davwattie Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 7

Sorry ive never used one but had been looking at those ones on ebay as they were a good price.

will be getting one sometime soon but just bought the cricut cake icon_lol.gif so cant really afford to pay out for this as well

Let me know how you get on with it and how easy/hard it is to master.

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 9:50am
post #7 of 7

Will do, thanks very much for your help. How are you getting on with the cricut, as there seem to be mixed reviews on here about it, but this caking is addictive there are so many different processes that you can try - at a cost!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%