Fondant Figures

Decorating By shirley1956 Updated 22 Feb 2011 , 4:27am by shirley1956

shirley1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shirley1956 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 1:56am
post #1 of 5

i wanted to note that I have been using gumtex to get structure for the figures. I have just recently just bought tylose never used it before. I do find that every time I go to use the fondant I have to microwave it .The fondant is to firm.Even if I try just to work it , it does not become pliable.
Could you please tell me if maybe I might be using the wrong amount of tylose. i found a receipe that says to use 1/tsp to 250 grms or to 8 ounces
I am new to fondant figures. I can make animals o.k. But I really don't know how to make the stand up figures. Like the bride and grooms or stand up people.
There doesn't appear to any tutorial or any thing on you tube that shows this.If you want to find out you either have to take a class.Maybe you know of a good tutorial ,,,, or a dvd that is a good price that I can purchase.
I am from Canada.

Any help would be good help
Thanks Shirley

4 replies
sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 2:07am
post #2 of 5

I prefer using tylose + fondant over gumpaste, it just feels easier/more accessible. The consistency after a day or two passes, of this mixture, doesn't compare to the consistency just after/soon after I mix them. As a result I just take out however much fondant I need, sprinkle tylose, add shortening, knead. If I need more, I mix more.

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 2:20am
post #3 of 5

Hi, there! I would google (aine2) I think I'm spelling this right. She is the master of figurines. She has some tutorials on her site that you do not need to pay for.

shirley1956 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 4:24am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugardugar

I prefer using tylose + fondant over gumpaste, it just feels easier/more accessible. The consistency after a day or two passes, of this mixture, doesn't compare to the consistency just after/soon after I mix them. As a result I just take out however much fondant I need, sprinkle tylose, add shortening, knead. If I need more, I mix more.

Because I am using the MMf ,you are saying do not mix the tylose all at once.The amount that you are talking about is it enough fondant to make one figure.
Once i mix the tylose in exactly what should the feel be like ?

shirley1956 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 4:27am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoaBlondie

Hi, there! I would google (aine2) I think I'm spelling this right. She is the master of figurines. She has some tutorials on her site that you do not need to pay for.

Thanks I have been all over her sites and have not come accross any on the stand up figures.
I'll search again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%