Wedding Cake Topper Question..

Decorating By jrod1974 Updated 22 Feb 2011 , 11:34pm by jrod1974

jrod1974 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 7

hi, i will be doing my 2nd wedding cake this weekend. the cake will be a 2 tier cake, the bride's cake topper is a ceramic bride and group. my question is, how do I make sure the topper is secure on the cake? don't want the cake topper to fall into the cake.
I am thinking to add a circle cake board on the top of the 1 tier( under the fondant) will this help? thanks for your help!

6 replies
KristyCakes Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 7

I'd just put some skewers in the top tier to support the topper.

jrod1974 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 7

thanks for your input! icon_smile.gif the cake topper is a ceramic bride and groom, that i believe just sits right on top, not sure for added support if i should add a thin piece of cardboard? so the topper will sit on the cake without caving in?

cakegirl1973 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyCakes

I'd just put some skewers in the top tier to support the topper.

I agree. Just insert some skewers into the cake, which will help support the topper. No cardboard circle on top is needed.

jrod1974 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 12:03am
post #5 of 7

thanks ladies, just having a hard time picturing how the skewers would hold it in place sorry, my minds not working today..lol..

indydebi Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 2:19am
post #6 of 7

Is it that weeping willow thing? If so, one version of it is rounded and you'll need more than just skewers. (In my opinion, you need a whole different topper! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ).

for heavy toppers, I've inserted skewers, then cut circle from a white styrofoam plate (or a clear plastic one) and placed on top of the skewers. The plate can be camo'd with icing flowers or iced over to be hidden.

jrod1974 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 11:34pm
post #7 of 7

thank you, I believe it's a cake topper from wilton, she was able to send me a pic of it. I will do as you suggested with a stryo plate and skewers.. praying it goes well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%