Romantic Textured Cake???

Decorating By jara_ashley Updated 22 Feb 2011 , 4:48am by btrsktch

jara_ashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jara_ashley Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 7

I have absolutely fell in love with this cake and want to have it at my wedding. The only problem is I'm still kinda new to decorating and think this cake is way out of my scope. But I thought i might post it here and just see if anyone had some ideas or tips on how this might be accomplished! Thanks for any tips you may be able to provide icon_smile.gif

6 replies
Chala86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chala86 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 7

It is a beautiful cake. I have no idea how you would achieve this, being relatively new to baking/ decorating but hopefully someone will come along soon. I'd quite like to know how to do this myself.

cfpeoples Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfpeoples Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 7

I think i remember seeing something like this in a wilton book a few years back. I would do a serach of the galleries here on CC and see if you could find somethign similar and see if the decorator could give you some tips.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 7

Its basically wrapped in strips of fondant that have been frilled on the edges. You would have to put some kind of drying agent in it like tylose so that it will be able to stand up. And use a cutter that you can make sure all the strips come out even.

Abisnail Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abisnail Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 7

I'm the same, no idea how to achieve it, but it's flippin' gorgeous!

cfpeoples Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfpeoples Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 7

It looks like maybe 50/50 gumpaste/fondant, frilled edges rolled really thin, and then placed into buttercream

btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 4:48am
post #7 of 7

Its actually white chocolate pulled with a fillet (or fish boning) knife.

If you watch one of the episodes of Fabulous Cakes, one of the episodes in Las Vegas, the Exec. Pastry Chef there shows the technique of how to do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%