Indydebi's Bc , Amaretto Flavor, Do You See A Problem?

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 22 Feb 2011 , 4:12pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all,

I love the ever famous Buttercream by Indydebi. I want to make an Amaretto version and i was wondering if you think this would work....

I use Liquors as my flavorings generally.... and i was thinking of subbing out the milk in her recipe for amaretto. Do you think that would work? I am thinking to keep the milk and only sub out the vanilla (for Amaretto) wouldn't give me enough amaretto flavor.

The other questionable issue... by not using milk, and adding the alcohol (which evaporates more so than milk/water) ...could that mess up consistency or the BC "chemically" ? If that makes sense?

What do you think?

5 replies
CiNoRi Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone? icon_wink.gif

Smokey5266 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 6

I used amaretto flavored coffee creamer in place of milk and it worked beautifully. I have t tried it with the alcohol. Hope that helps.

CiNoRi Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 6

I thought of that too! But the ONE time I go looking specifically for that flavor, my grocery stores dont have it! :-p

indydebi Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 2:27am
post #5 of 6

swapping flavors in any recipe is just a matter of which bottle you pick up.

With the number of variations you're wanting to try, my most popular advice is "Give it a try and let us know how it turns out!" thumbs_up.gif

its the most fun part of working in the cooking/baking world .... the experimentation! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

CiNoRi Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 4:12pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks Indydebi for your response icon_wink.gif

I know its trial and error... thats typically how i work it out. I was just hoping someone had beat me to it icon_wink.gif
I'm about to make a batch I'll let you all know how it goes! *fingerscrossed*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%