Has Anyone Ever Flavored White Fondant With Chocolate Flavor

Baking By divinecc Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 9:29pm by Mamerpp

divinecc Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a german choc cake with the usual coconut/pecan filling and I have to cover it with white fondant. I don't think it will taste very good if it's vanilla or white choc. Any suggestions? THANKS

5 replies
Enchantedcakes Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 6

Most chocolate flavorings are not clear and would tint the fondant. When I have to cover a chocolate cake with white fondant I never have a problem, my fondant tastes like marshmallows and chocolate and marshmallows are great together. You could always ice the cake with chocolate ganache and then the ganache would over power the taste of the fondant.

grammecakes Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 6

I recently made a white chocolate fondant (used Lorann) it was OK but feel I may have used abit much as it was a little strong.....the flavoring is concentrated, so I suggest using very little at first and add more to satisfy the taste you are trying to achieve

divinecc Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the tip about discoloring the fondant, I think I will just use the regular fondant!

divinecc Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 6

I just made a batch of buttercream with the cheesecake Lorann oil I added too much too! Hopefully we will learn from our mistakes icon_wink.gif

Mamerpp Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 6

Sorry might be too late with this but when researching making MMF I found a recipe that says to add some cocco powder to the icing sugar to make it look and taste chocolatey. Havent tried it but might work well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%