Raspberry Filling

Decorating By sugar321 Updated 21 Feb 2011 , 2:37pm by sugar321

sugar321 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 12:17pm
post #1 of 5

Can anybody help!!!!

I have a vanilla cake to make and the lady wants a Raspberry buttercream filling.... once its made and covered in fondant how long will it last?? Im not sure if the fresh fruit in the buttercream will affect anything??

Please help icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Karen421 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 5

I spent 6 months coming up with a raspberry buttercream to make ME happy. Raspberry is my favorite and I used it in a good friends wedding in August. I knew it was going to be very hot (it was it was 113 the day of the wedding) so it had be a stable filling. The good news is that it was fantastic, the bad news is that after so many failures, I didn't write down the measurements of everything I put in the final recipe, but maybe you can come up with something you like, with everything I used.
I used, seedless raspberry jam, DeKuyper Raspberry Liqueur, raspberry flavoring, vanilla flavoring, Then Indydebi's base buttercream recipe. I do beat the Crisco for a good 15 minutes with the flavorings - before adding anything else. Also I heat the half & half with the Dream Whip. I don't remember the measurements and I have been kicking myself for that ever since! I can tell you that you do need the vanilla extract! Good Luck icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

sugar321 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 5

Oh thanks, thats great. Will give it a go and hope for the best!!
Bet you kicking yourself for not writing it down! Bet you wont do that again!! icon_smile.gif
Wow thats hot!!!!!!!
Thanks again icon_smile.gif

Sangriacupcake Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 5

I mix seedless raspberry jam with my buttercream all the time! It's yummy and so easy to do, and you can add as much or as little as you want. I have used it with Sugarshack's and Edna's buttercream recipes, as well as SMBC. You can also sprinkle some fresh raspberries over the layer of filling after you spread it on the cake.

sugar321 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 5

That sounds nice and easy....just how i like it!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%