Refrigerating Cakes ???

Lounge By CallMeCupcake Updated 22 Feb 2011 , 9:23pm by CallMeCupcake

CallMeCupcake Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 11:50am
post #1 of 7

Hi,

I was just wondering whether you refrigerate your cakes prior to carving, and placing buttercream or ganache ? if so how long do you wait until you cover in fondant?

Thank you

6 replies
niccicola Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 7

I very very rarely ever refrigerate my cakes. I have problems with bubbles forming under my buttercream and fondant. I will freeze a cake for a few hours before carving, but that's as much as it will get.

CallMeCupcake Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 3:34am
post #3 of 7

So once you freeze do you carve, and buttercream straight away or just carve and wait?? Thank you for your help...

niccicola Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 3:50am
post #4 of 7

I don't freeze it solid, just enough to tighten it up. Carve then crumbcoat. I have a 3 day routine-bake in wednesday, torte fill carve crumbcoat on Thursday, Fri morning ice it either with Buttercream or fondant, decorate at night. Usually deliver or have them pick on saturday hope that helps!

CallMeCupcake Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 8:12am
post #5 of 7

Thank you helps so much I have been baking Thursday, Ganache & Fondant Friday and as I am receiving more orders I now need to bake Wednesday, Ganache Thursday & Decorate Friday. Thank you for your help.

niccicola Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 7

I don't freeze it solid, just enough to tighten it up. Carve then crumbcoat. I have a 3 day routine-bake in wednesday, torte fill carve crumbcoat on Thursday, Fri morning ice it either with Buttercream or fondant, decorate at night. Usually deliver or have them pick on saturday hope that helps!

CallMeCupcake Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 9:23pm
post #7 of 7

Help enormously - thank you again & Happy Decorating.

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%