How Much Would It Cost??

Decorating By steph007 Updated 21 Feb 2011 , 8:44am by MikeRowesHunny

steph007 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 5:54am
post #1 of 3

I have a question for the professional cake decorators. I used to decorate cakes, but haven't in awhile but for cakes for friends, relatives, personal parties, and haven't charged and I have NO IDEA how much a wedding cake for 100-120 people would cost. (for MY wedding) I want it to be covered in multiple layers of colored fondant (I have a specific design in mind) and am looking for a three tiered cake (the top to be saved for our first wedding anniversary). I could EASILY make it myself, but everyone is telling me not to, as I would be too busy otherwise, but know i could do it for SO cheap... How much would I expect it to cost from a bakery/professional?

2 replies
CWR41 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 6:20am
post #2 of 3

Without knowing where you live, I don't think anyone can answer this question. Why not take your specific design to a local bakery and ask for a quote? If you aren't making it yourself, you'll have to find a place that can.

MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 8:44am
post #3 of 3

My fondant wedding cakes start at $5 per serving, but could go up to pretty much anything depending on design. Most of my custom designs fall into the $6-$8 range.

Quote by @%username% on %date%