Filing State Paperwork

Business By sugarandstuff Updated 21 Feb 2011 , 4:00am by sugarandstuff

sugarandstuff Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 3:39am
post #1 of 3

I finally found a rental kitchen - so happy I can start my business..part time for now, but it's a start.
Unfortunately, I'm confused as to next steps and the order of each.

I know I need to register with the state (planning to do it as an LLC) and getting insurance.
Can anyone direct me as far as how to file paperwork for the LLC? Should I go to an attorney or an on line service (e.g. Legalzoom), is it simple enough to try to do it myself? And then I know I need to do something with the IRS to get a tax ID and then the insurance. Can anyone give me a clue how much that costs?
wheww....overwhelmed already icon_wink.gif

2 replies
jason_kraft Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 3:49am
post #2 of 3

Which state are you in?

LLC paperwork is pretty easy, but Legalzoom is pretty cheap if you need hand-holding.

sugarandstuff Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 4:00am
post #3 of 3


Quote by @%username% on %date%