Ck Luster Dust Container Impossible To Open

Decorating By writersblock15 Updated 21 Feb 2011 , 4:28am by NanaSandy

writersblock15 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 2:05am
post #1 of 11

I ordered several shades of the 2 gram size of Luster Dust from Country Kitchen. The tiny plastic container it comes in has a lid sealed so tight I had to cut the top off with a sharp knife, leaving the container unuseable for storage. Luckily I had other containers to store them in.

Anyone else have this problem? I tried running the knife around the lid to release any seal to no avail.

10 replies
CakeRN Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 2:18am
post #2 of 11

use a bottle opener under the lid. It works really well. Oh..the kind that has the flat parts..not a sharp one.

TabbieCakes Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 2:19am
post #3 of 11

Oh yeah! They certainly are little PITAs! I don't know why they don't use screw tops like some other companies. I hate prying those open icon_mad.gif

infinitsky Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 2:23am
post #4 of 11

Use a bottle opener, as you use them they get easier to open.

writersblock15 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 2:27am
post #5 of 11

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think of using a bottle opener. Will try that next time.

Sangriacupcake Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 2:32am
post #6 of 11

Yes!!! They're horrible to open!!! Thanks for the tip about the bottle opener.

kimbm04r Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 2:39am
post #7 of 11

I hate opening those as well. I usually have to use my teeth to get them open which I don't like to do because of sanitary reasons. I love the idea of the bottle opener. Seems so simple now that you mentioned it. Thanks for the idea.

cake_architect Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 3:13am
post #8 of 11

i actually cut two little slits in the edge of the cap about a cm apart and lift that first (which somewhat breaks the air seal) then lift the lid off. works well and makes it resealable!

infinitsky Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 4:20am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbm04r

... I usually have to use my teeth to get them open which I don't like to do because of sanitary reasons. ...

Once I did cut my gums doing that, it hurt for a week... icon_sad.gif

leah_s Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 4:26am
post #10 of 11

Def a bottle opener, or what we call a "church key.'

NanaSandy Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 4:28am
post #11 of 11

yeah..I used the bottle opener also. Such a pain in the rear! I went to Hobby Lobby in the art section and bought little containers and transfered it into those. They were only about $2 for 6 of them, and they have the screw top lids. Much easier than messing with them every time I have to open one!! icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%