How Do I Translate The People From Sesame Into Decorations?

Decorating By KarenOR Updated 20 Feb 2011 , 10:52pm by KarenOR

KarenOR Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 6

Nate's turning 3 and wants Sesame again. I actually just posted his 2nd cake. Can't believe I forgot to do that.
Anyway, I asked him who he wanted on the cake and he said, "Maria, Gaby, Susan and Gordon." Ooookay, how can I do that? I don't have an edible ink printer or anything like that.
I don't really want to try and sculpt each face. That would be make me crazy.
Any ideas?

5 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 6

What about just cutting the faces out of fondant pieces?

Buttercream transfers would be a great way too. That way you're just tracing rather than sculpting.

KarenOR Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 6

Possibly, but I am picturing them as being small figurines. I cannot imagine how I could do a BCT.
Will keep pondering...

zespri Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 6

I reckon the same way you did your other sesame street characters, with chocolate transfer. If you can't find an existing cartoon picture on google, you'd need to get photos of the people and run them through photoshop to 'cartoonify' them first. If you don't have photoshop, I'm sure you'll know someone who does.

Then you'd be sweet as using your chocolate transfer technique.

nursingnellie Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 10:25pm
post #5 of 6

There are cartoon versions of them out there, lots of them. They use them in books and such - I bet you'll be able to find them. One of my friends writes for Sesame Street, I think she's given us books with the cartoon people in them - I'll take a look.

Then I think chocolate transfers would be ideal!

KarenOR Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 6

What a dream job writing for Sesame!

I just asked Nate how he thinks I should do the people and he said, "Paint them". Well, that is an option, too. I could cut out silhouttes and then paint the cartoon version on there. Either way, I will definitely look for cartoon versions. If you had them share, that would be awesome! I'll have to look at what we have too, I'm not sure now that you mention it, that we don't have something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%