Question...please Answer :)

Decorating By Tabithascakes Updated 20 Feb 2011 , 4:48pm by Tabithascakes

Tabithascakes Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 4:28am
post #1 of 6

I am going to make a barbie doll cake for my daughters 5th, and i was wondering if i would buy the doll cake mold for this. on the box it shows you put a doll with only the top half then a stick for the bottom, curious if i were to put a regular barbie inside would it still hold up? any advice would be greatly appreciated

5 replies
sebrina Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 4:48am
post #2 of 6

I used an entire barbie before but it was not with a dress pan. I have seen on here that everyone ran into the same problem though. She is too tall! You will have to add an extra layer under the dress. HTH!

bohemiagetsajob Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 4:48am
post #3 of 6

I havent done one yet but I have been researching for my daughter's upcoming birthday. From what I understand you can use the regular barbie. Just hollow out the cake where she would fit, wrap her legs with saran wrap and I believe a full sized doll will need another cake underneath because the regular wonder mold isnt tall enough. HTH

j0z1e Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 4:51am
post #4 of 6

I've never made one, but I read a forum thread just a few days ago about this. The people who have left the barbie intact all said that they made an extra 6x2" round for the bottom because the mold isn't quite long enough. Here is that thread: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-709246-barbie.html

NanaSandy Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 5:03am
post #5 of 6

I have made one and used the pan. It is so simple to do, and such fun! I did this when I was extremely new to caking, and had no problems. I have seen them done both ways, I think it all depends on how much cake you need for the party.

Tabithascakes Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%