Need Your Input On Cake Supply Store In North Carolina

Decorating By JandAcakes Updated 20 Feb 2011 , 4:18am by tryingcake

JandAcakes Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 2:54am
post #1 of 2

Hi All,
Thank you for taking the time to read this. My husband and I are seriously considering opening a cake supply store in the triangle area of north carolina, possible Wake Forest/Youngsville or North Raleigh. We have a really hard time finding supplies locally and thought that others may be having the same problem. Before we go to far we want to get a feel for what the market for this type of store is in our area. Any information you could provide me about your level of need for a cake and candy supply store in the triangle area of North Carolina, particular brands you use and would like to see carried locally, besides the basic items what items would you like to have in a local shop would be greatly appreciated. We would really like to have a store that greatly expands on the products carried at local chain stores and really caters to the local bakers. Also it is possible that we would start the store on a small scale (out of our home) in the early stages and deliver orders locally based on a min order with all our products listed online, would you order from a place set up in this fashion? Our plan is to have a storefront but initially we might have to start at a smaller scale as we get things up and running. Thank you so much for your time.

1 reply
tryingcake Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 4:18am
post #2 of 2

I lived in Kannapolis for years and had to drive all the Pineville for supplies. Having a 2nd option, still far but no farther than the first, would have been great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%