How To Get This Effect?

Baking By mpetty Updated 20 Feb 2011 , 6:38pm by motherofgrace

12 replies
threeforhim Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 1:22am
post #2 of 13

It looks like the decorator just took the same tip used in basketweave technique to stripe the eggs leaving a small space between each one, then sprinkled or dipped with the glitter.

icer101 Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 1:45am
post #3 of 13

agree with the op. tip #47

Manderly42 Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 2:07am
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforhim

It looks like the decorator just took the same tip used in basketweave technique to stripe the eggs leaving a small space between each one, then sprinkled or dipped with the glitter.

I can see how could be the basket weave tip - but how do you think the edges are so clean? Do you think maybe they used the cookie cutter, again, to "clean up" the edges? I can't think of anything else...

motherofgrace Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 2:15am
post #5 of 13

Ask her!

She is great!

I knwo she uses buttercream, And there is a tutorial on.... darn it.... karens cookies i think it is. You just take an icing knife around the sides after icon_smile.gif

msulli10 Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 2:32am
post #6 of 13

I don't think these are done by Karen Cookies. The person's name is Kim and she owns a business called Sugar. She is an amazing artist. Wish she had a blog so we could learn from her.

motherofgrace Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 3:02am
post #7 of 13

Yes I know icon_wink.gif

Ask kim, I have talked to her before.

But Karnes cookies has a tutorial on it.

mpetty Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 12:19pm
post #9 of 13

Thanks, guys. For some reason I didn't get any reply notifications. Karen, I didn't know you were a member here - love, love, love your website and blog.

Is Kim a member of CC, or can someone link her website?

Thanks again!

motherofgrace Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 5:34pm
post #10 of 13

where did karen answer?

Yuo can contact kim via flickr

mpetty Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 5:46pm
post #11 of 13

Sorry, motherofgrace, I was on CC too early in the morning before my brain starting working, and made the assumption you were Karen. Don't mind me. icon_redface.gif

weirkd Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 5:49pm
post #12 of 13

You can achieve the effect using a basket weave rolling pin on buttercream or fondant and then sprinkle them with snow dust.

motherofgrace Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 6:38pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetty

Sorry, motherofgrace, I was on CC too early in the morning before my brain starting working, and made the assumption you were Karen. Don't mind me. icon_redface.gif

no worries, I thought maybe a comment was missing! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%