Exhibiting Your Cakes

Lounge By MissCakeCrazy Updated 19 Feb 2011 , 1:32pm by MissCakeCrazy

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 10:02am
post #1 of 4

I will be putting my cakes for tastings at an exhibition in April but I don't know how to present it. If I cut them all in sqaures and place in a tray, it may be messy for people to pick them up, especially with the filling on top or inside and there will be crumbs everywhere. I was thinking of placing the squares in a small paper case individually, then placing on an aluminium foil tray. I will be doing 3 flavours. What would you do?

3 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 12:51pm
post #2 of 4

From what I have read on here, when people do bridal shows, most cut up samples and place them in little plastic cups with clear lids. You can Google Solo, I know they manufacture them and you can probably get them readily in the UK, or by another company. Seems like they are easy to prepare ahead of time and you can just take them already packaged in a big box, to save you having to cut cake when you are there.
Or, you could do mini cupcakes. They would look a bit cleaner than squares out on a tray, and would not dry out as quickly. Just beware of people grabbing more than their fair share.
Read the bridal show threads for more info icon_wink.gif

MissCakeCrazy Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks

MissCakeCrazy Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 4

I looked at the site but I think they are re-dong it and coudn't view anything. Can anyone tell me what they put there cake tasting pieces in to send to their customers? (In UK)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%