My White Fondant Looks Dingy

Decorating By Doughnut Updated 19 Feb 2011 , 4:36am by KATHIESKREATIONS

Doughnut Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 6

Howdy everyone!

Can anyone tell me how to correct this-- after applying my white fondant to cake and stepping back to look at the finished product, the white is not bright white, but more of a dingy white. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

PS, my table is clean icon_razz.gif

5 replies
CiNoRi Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 12:03am
post #2 of 6

It might be from your hands. Try wearing latex/ or the equivalent gloves. Even though your hands are clean, oil from your skin can transfer to the fondant

Doughnut Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 12:47am
post #3 of 6

Cinori, good idea.. Thank you

CiNoRi Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 12:55am
post #4 of 6

Anytime! I noticed that early on when doing figures... id literally scrub my hands, then go strait to the fondant...same problem! Make sure you get gloves to fit rather snug... they can be annoying if they are too big or bunch on you... and make sure the gloves are food safe... i know some "latex" like gloves you can get at discount stores, can be toxic ...prolly not toxic enough to do anything to someone unless they ATE the glove LOL, but can't hurt to be safe icon_wink.gif

sugarshack Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 3:12am
post #5 of 6

give it a thin wipe down with shortening and wipe the excess off. will restore it

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 4:36am
post #6 of 6

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for the tips to solve this.....You have to just LOVE this site! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%