How Long Can I Store Cake Batter?

Lounge By Shelley51708 Updated 19 Feb 2011 , 4:30am by Sorelle

Shelley51708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelley51708 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 3

I have some left over WASC batter and will be needing it next week, will it store ok in the fridge for that long? When I get ready to use it, do I just take straight out of the fridge and put it in the oven? Do I need to cook the cake longer w/ cold batter? Sorry for all the questions, but thank you for the advice!

2 replies
ChunkkeeMunkkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 4:09am
post #2 of 3

I worked in a bakery and we used to get buckets of cake batter delivered from the off site production warehouse. That stuff would sit in the cooler until it was done! To be fair I have no idea what the ingredients were (Recipes are like CIA/FBI Secrets you know....) but I am certain there was a preservative in the batter. I'm assuming the WASC is from a box mix and I am pretty sure there's preservatives in there too.... I would make sure it's covered in an air tight container to avoid spoilage and or absorption of other flavors in the fridge. Bring to room temp and remix it to fluff it. Do a taste test of the batter before you bake, that should pretty much seal the deal. Good luck.... If they tell you other wise.... LET ME KNOW TOO! icon_biggrin.gif

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 4:30am
post #3 of 3

It should be okay, make sure to bring it up to room temp before baking. It may not rise as high but it will taste fine as long as it is stored in airtight container.hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%