Mini Desserts

Lounge By jendardis Updated 18 Feb 2011 , 9:28pm by m_mckinney1

jendardis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendardis Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone. I just got a call to do a mini dessert bar. I normally just do cakes, cookies, and cupcakes, but am up for this. The event is for about 400 people and they want a variety of min i desserts. Where do I start? I have a few ideas form posts on here. Maybe brownie covered oreos, cake truffles, mini pies, mini cupcakes, meringues are just a few ideas. Should i calculate about 2 per person and how much would I charge? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jen

2 replies
MJ2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJ2008 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 3

I would estimate more than 2 per person, unless that meant 2 of each item per person. IME, at a dessert bar people want to try one of a lot of different things. I would go with 4-5 pieces per person if they're also having dinner. They'd probably eat more if this is all they have.

As far as cost, it would depend on what you plan to make and what your cost is.

Good luck. That sounds like it would be a lot of fun to set up.

m_mckinney1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_mckinney1 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 3

One thing that goes over well with my family are the mini fillo (or phyllo depending on the brand) shells filled with a mixture of 8oz cream cheese, 1cup sugar (or splenda), and regular sized cool whip. Combine using mixer, fill cups, and top with fresh fruit (strawberries, blackberries, and kiwis are all good with them). Each batch of filling will fill at least 45 shells. Delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%