Cake Muggle Of My Week

Decorating By Corrie76 Updated 20 Feb 2011 , 6:18am by Colliegirl

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 5:55pm
post #1 of 7

It's friday morning here and I just got a FB message from a lady. She is at first apologetic for the short notice but wants to know if I can make a 3-D cake for her and deliver it by tomorrow at 5pm. She wants a mountain with fitness equipment all over it and it needs to feed 100(uhhh, NO!)! Then she goes on to say that if I don't have time for that could I instead make 100 cookies decorated as fitness equiptment with their gym's logo on it (oh yeah - cause it's so much faster to make 100 custom decorated cookies than a flippin' cake)...and the best part is that in her hopefulness she ends the message with "So excited to see what you can create! See you tomorrow!" .... and her gym is in Casper, which is a one hour car trip, one way. I barely get the message read and another pops up from her and it's a photo of the logo she wants. So after I got done with my fit of laughter and head shaking I replied back, as nice as possible, that: 1) I don't do 3-D cakes, 2) "short notice" = one week in my book, 3) custom cookies in fact take as long or longer to prepare than any cake, 4) if, in the event, I'm super slow and am able to take a short notice order- a direct phone call will work far better than a FB message.
Like I said, I stated all this in a much gentler, cake-muggle-friendly way as possible and wished her luck with her gym's grand opening. She sends me back a " icon_sad.gif " in reply....
....and so the continuing saga of educating our customers seems never ending....

6 replies
m_willford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_willford Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 3:51am
post #2 of 7

I will never understand why people will spend weeks planning an event, and not think that others need the same amount of time getting the crap ready for said event! I would have laughed too!

Love your siggy, btw. icon_smile.gif

nicoles0419 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0419 Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 4:15am
post #3 of 7

that lady is nutso.... 1 day to make a cake for 100 people, maybe for $1000.... maybe hahahahhahaha

AmyBee89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyBee89 Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 4:31am
post #4 of 7

LOL I think its pretty ironic that she wanted to celebrate her fitness center in baked good form...

Lelka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lelka Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 4:36am
post #5 of 7

I swear I got an email from her sister today!

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 8:52pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyBee89

LOL I think its pretty ironic that she wanted to celebrate her fitness center in baked good form...

My best client is the owner of our local health club. She gets cupcakes and cookies for just about any and every reason...lol, her gym is called Peak Fitness and my husband and I call it Peak Fatness icon_lol.gif

Colliegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colliegirl Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 6:18am
post #7 of 7

Haaa Haaaa! Sorry I am laughing so much at it all. Great reply though.

I have this happen regularly and sometimes I give in to their pleas, only to find that I really shouldn't have as I don't usually have time then to do it well.
icon_redface.gif

I am trying to get stronger to say "no" to those last minute orders. It isn't productive to have sympathy to those last minute customers, you only stress yourself out and don't do well and it comes back to bite you. Hope this encourages those who say "yes" to say "no". icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%