Blue And Gold Banquet?!!!

Decorating By m_willford Updated 18 Feb 2011 , 4:20am by tmallen

m_willford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_willford Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 4:09am
post #1 of 2

As the webelos leader for my son's cub scout pack, I know how limited our budget is. So I offered to make the cake for our Blue and Gold banquet next week. Big enough for at least 50 people, that's the easy part. It's the design that's killing me!

We are doing Hawaiian Haystacks for the dinner, with some tikki torches and stuff. So I'd like to stick to tropical themed, with the main colors being blue and yellow or gold. We recently moved into the area, so this is a great opportunity to show what I can do.

Do I stick with very kid friendly? Or more gorgeous/formal since it's a big event with awards and Arrow of Light ceremonies? I've thought: huge pineapple, white with yellow and blue hibiscus fondant leis draped over, dark blue with gold painted designs (like embossed), fondant pineapples and coconut trees with "sand" and grass skirt borders?

Help! I have to have this done next Thursday and need to start decorations since we are expecting snow so my pieces my take longer to dry!

1 reply
tmallen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmallen Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 4:20am
post #2 of 2

I've been to MANY blue and gold banquets in my time and one thing I know is that everyone wants a picture of the cake and a piece of the cake..lol. Your idea sounds awesome and I know the boys will appreciate it. Their parents will definitely be calling on you for all of their cake needs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%