All Chocolate Castle

Decorating By MandyE Updated 18 Feb 2011 , 10:41am by alanahchar

MandyE Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 1:53am
post #1 of 3

My son wants to do a chocolate castle cake for the cub scout Blue and Gold Banquet for the "death by chocolate" category. So we want it to be very obviously decked out in chocolate. I was planning on some kind of chocolate cookies stacked for towers with chocolate covered ice cream cones on top, Hershey bar bricks maybe or possibly break up chocolate (more a mosaic look) for a stone look for the sides. If we decide not to use the cookies for the towers though, what kind of candy would make a good "cobblestone", be very obviously chocolate, and coordinate well with the Hershey bar bricks or broken chocolate mosaic "stone"?

I was also thinking maybe a Kit Kat door? Any other thoughts? I'd like to work some color in with M&M's since they are colorful but also obviously chocolate. Any ideas?

Any thoughts, ideas, input on this cake are totally welcome! TIA!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
cheatize Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 4:25am
post #2 of 3

Take Wilton candy discs (or similar round chocolate things), lay them on the board, and pipe chocolate "mortar" between them.

alanahchar Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 10:41am
post #3 of 3

you could use large white chocolate buttons for the windows?
chocolate fingers upright for decoration around the castle or as a fence?
i hope you post a picture when you have finished as i think it will be a very good cake would love to see it X

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%