Anyone Know How To Get This Effect????

Decorating By SugarandSpice3674 Updated 19 Feb 2011 , 2:21am by SugarandSpice3674

SugarandSpice3674 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 12:03am
post #1 of 11

I love the look of these chocolate panels, i would love to hear anyones thoughts or know how... i tried a test run by layering three different colors in a squeeze bottle and using that to put it on the acetate,didnt turn out very nice tho. Thanks in advance!!!!

10 replies
SugarandSpice3674 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 12:08am
post #2 of 11
SugarandSpice3674 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 12:31am
post #3 of 11

Anyone????

weirkd Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 12:39am
post #4 of 11

I would start with a base color of white and then drop individual colors in various spots. Then taking a toothpick, make a swirl with it. Then it looks like they just cut it into panels. Ive seen this effect done better with chocolate transfers though which you might want to try out.

Jennifer1970 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 12:39am
post #5 of 11

It could be chocolate transfer sheets, with white chocolate on them. Either that, or they poured the white chocolate onto a slab/cookie sheet, and then marbled the pink and light green chocolate on top. Like making bark.

SugarandSpice3674 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 3:28am
post #6 of 11

thanks guys!

Swede-cakes Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 3:37am
post #7 of 11

Thanks for your interest Sugar. I'm flattered that someone found a pic of my cake and was curious about it! icon_biggrin.gif I'm happy to tell you how I did the panels...Jennifer is correct.

I melted white chocolate and separated two smaller amounts that I tinted pink and green. Poured the white onto waxed paper and spread til even. Dropped TBLSP fulls of the color choco and used a knife to cut it through and lift and swirl. Let set til not quite hardened then scored it, and used a pizza roller to cut and separate panels.

Chocolate transfers certainly are lovely and appropriate for many cake styles (and they're perfect because they're printed by machine). This method gave the chocolate panels a handcrafted appearance with texture and substance. The client loved it!

Have fun! thumbs_up.gif

SugarandSpice3674 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 4:03am
post #8 of 11

Wow, I never thought the person who made the cake would actually c my post! LOL Thank you so much for telling me how u did it, its absolutely beautiful! icon_biggrin.gif I will definitly give this a try.

Swede-cakes Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 12:32pm
post #9 of 11

Thank you for the compliment! CC is quite a big, wide world huh? icon_wink.gif

vickymacd Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 12:47pm
post #10 of 11

Swede-cakes~ your cake is beautiful, and it makes me laugh when CC'ers don't ever seem to 'go to the source' of their questions! I've done this with some other 'professional decorators' as you all are (I am not), and all of you have responded to me. Yes, the World of CC is wonderful and filled with very kind and talented people!

SugarandSpice3674 Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 2:21am
post #11 of 11

I agree!
if it werent for the awesome ppl on here and this website, I wouldnt know anything about anything! LOL I love the support here, and the willingness to share knowledge, its so encouraging to keep going on those bad days when things dont work out. I hope to be as good all u wonderful cakers out there one day. knowing that there are proffesionals here that I can actually get feedback and information is wonderful. I really do want to do this for a living and hope to have my own business one day. Thanks you guys, from the bottom of my heart icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%