How Long Did You Bake Cakes

Decorating By momd68 Updated 17 Feb 2011 , 9:49pm by TexasSugar

momd68 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 2

before you became legal and started your own business? I am no where near to start selling cakes yet but in the near future would like to. I have talked with my local health food dpt. to find out legal laws. I have baked cakes for my own children's birthday parties and some for family. How did you determine your prices for everything? ex. buttercream, fondant, decorations, and other things? Do I call around to other home bakers to ask for their prices? How would I go about doing that without them knowing what I was calling for?

Like I said I am nowhere near starting any business but I want to go ahead and get everything wrote down as far as how to price everything. I know all my legal laws as I have already contacted the health dpt. and found out all that I would have to have. I just basically need to find out how I determine pricing when I get to that point when I feel like I am ready. I am just practicing on my kids right now. I plan on making at least a cake a month this year and possibly more for practice ( not for selling) with family gatherings and birthday's, so lots of practice I will get.
TIA for all information...

1 reply
TexasSugar Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 2

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%