Icing Smiles In Maryland

Lounge By smallville187 Updated 21 Feb 2011 , 6:53pm by craise79

smallville187 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smallville187 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 5

I just received an email from Icing Smiles and am very eager to get started and do all I can to this cause. I'm not sure how many people know of the program but when I saw it on a thread here I immediately volunteered. A friend of our family had muscular dystrophy and battled it until the age of 32. He wasn't expected to live this long after the age of 16. He was truly a person to be proud of. His strength and determination to be positive for his family impressed us. This being my main motivation as I know the toll it takes on a family not being able to focus on the celebration of a birthday or of the siblings. I was hoping to possibly find other Icing Smiles volunteers in the Maryland area to put together a fund raiser. Thank you in advance for reading and any consideration or help! Have a great day!

4 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 12:58pm
post #2 of 5

craise79 is a volunteer coordinator. You probably received your email from her.

smallville187 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smallville187 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 5

thanks so much! I think I will PM her to see if she might have other advice as well

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 5

Also, Icing Smiles is one of the two charities we will be donating money from the National Capital Area Cake Show to. (www.cakeshow.org).

craise79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craise79 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 5

Hi Smallville187! Your pm to me "mysteriously disappeared" If you e-mail Tracy @ [email protected] she can help you with the fund raising aspect of things. Thank you for your support! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%