Icing Smiles In Maryland

Lounge By smallville187 Updated 21 Feb 2011 , 6:53pm by craise79

smallville187 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 5

I just received an email from Icing Smiles and am very eager to get started and do all I can to this cause. I'm not sure how many people know of the program but when I saw it on a thread here I immediately volunteered. A friend of our family had muscular dystrophy and battled it until the age of 32. He wasn't expected to live this long after the age of 16. He was truly a person to be proud of. His strength and determination to be positive for his family impressed us. This being my main motivation as I know the toll it takes on a family not being able to focus on the celebration of a birthday or of the siblings. I was hoping to possibly find other Icing Smiles volunteers in the Maryland area to put together a fund raiser. Thank you in advance for reading and any consideration or help! Have a great day!

4 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 12:58pm
post #2 of 5

craise79 is a volunteer coordinator. You probably received your email from her.

smallville187 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 5

thanks so much! I think I will PM her to see if she might have other advice as well

dchockeyguy Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 5

Also, Icing Smiles is one of the two charities we will be donating money from the National Capital Area Cake Show to. (www.cakeshow.org).

craise79 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 5

Hi Smallville187! Your pm to me "mysteriously disappeared" If you e-mail Tracy @ tracy@icingsmiles.org she can help you with the fund raising aspect of things. Thank you for your support! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%