Need Cc'ers Opinions, Please

Decorating By Babs1964 Updated 17 Feb 2011 , 3:57pm by Babs1964

Babs1964 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 3:54am
post #1 of 11

I have been asked if I would like to have a table at a Ladies Night to showcase my cakes. I know I have way more learning to do but have been baking for years so am confident that my cakes taste good.
I would only be interested in showing fondant cakes as I really have had no practise piping and would state this up front.
Now what I would like is others opinions on my cakes I think I've done ok but would really appreciate other CC'er opinions.
Also what do you put on your tables when you go to do a show, sorry for the ignorance thats why I'm asking.
Thanks for your opinions

10 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 4:23am
post #2 of 11

What is Lady's Night? I think your cakes look good so I say go for it. At a minimum have business cards available. If possible small brochures or flyers with basic pricing how to order etc. Have fun with it. FYI, I love your donkey cake.

Babs1964 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 4:26am
post #3 of 11

It is a night with entertainment and a supper with tables set up similar to a trade show.

j0z1e Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 4:37am
post #4 of 11

I think they look great as well, I vote go for it! In addition to business cards and flyers, I'd say a binder with a collection of your cake photos. When I was planning my wedding a couple years ago and went to a wedding show, every baker had a binder with 8x10's of their cakes. HTH ^_^

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 6:25am
post #5 of 11

If you have a digital picture frame, or an iPad, you could have a slide show going of all of your cakes. You could also have some slides with info, such as what types of events you specialize in, maybe one of cake flavors, etc.

Cupcations Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 7:55am
post #6 of 11

Your cakes are awesome I think you should definitely go for it thumbs_up.gif
And I second all the great ideas the other posters mentioned & I must say, I love the digital frame idea that would be super!

Chala86 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 8:13am
post #7 of 11

Your cakes are beautiful and your work with gumpaste surely makes up for the fact that you're not comfortable with piping yet. Go for it.

Love2BakeCakes Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 11:29am
post #8 of 11

I think your work is beautiful and you should do your showcase. thumbs_up.gif

Babs1964 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 2:08pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks for your opinions and ideas. I'am aware I have sooo much more to learn but I'am having so much fun doing this, it has let me combine my love of baking and my love for crafting.
I look up to other CC,ers opinions and truly appreciate the wisdom within this forum. Thanks for the vote of confidence. icon_smile.gif

ChRiStY_71 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 2:27pm
post #10 of 11

You would definitely need business cards and a portfolio. Your cakes are awesome...good luck! thumbs_up.gif

Babs1964 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 3:57pm
post #11 of 11

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%