Rct Molding Help!!!!

Decorating By AubrieSheasmommie Updated 17 Feb 2011 , 2:23pm by AubrieSheasmommie

AubrieSheasmommie Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 3:36am
post #1 of 4

I have to start out with the fact that I'm a beginner. I've used styrofoam in the past for structures that can not be molded with cake, but find it expensive. I'm makeing a "Bakugan" cake for my son's birthday and am having trouble with the head---

I've made it out of RCT and have dowled it the best I can with the curve of it. I made the rct according to the package. I try to stand it up and it just wants to fall. Am I supposed to dowl/ put different kind of support, change the recipie or prepare it diffrently. Any help would be AWESOME!

3 replies
Bskinne Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 3:56am
post #2 of 4

So your dowel goes up to the curve, right? And does this same dowel go down through your cake? It should, and should be attached to your board. I did a giraffe in my gallery like that, and the dowel is screwed into the board...it was a 1" dowel.

Justforfun751 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 4:13am
post #3 of 4

Here's a good thread about RKT modelling. I had good luck with mamawrobin's RKT recipe (fewer marshmallows and butter to make the RKT stronger) http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-691439.html

AubrieSheasmommie Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both! I didn't think of screwing the dowl to the board! SOOOOoooo glad you mentioned it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%