Jimmy Buffet Ideas

Decorating By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 21 Feb 2011 , 11:24pm by debbief

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 3:34am
post #1 of 4

Hey everyone! I'm really excited about a cake I have coming up in a few months. I know it's still months away, but I wanted to at least get some ideas going. I'd like to let you know what I've got in mind and get any suggestions and feedback.

I was thinking about using the Caddy Wampus stand and doing 3 tiers (need 100 servings). The first tier, I wanted to do something to do with parrots, but don't want to put little gumpaste parrots on it. Do you think it would look funky if I layered different color feathers all over it? And made the entire tier look like a parrot?

For the second tier, I was thinking something Margaritaville. Any thoughts or suggestions about that one? I've got to somehow hide the middle tubing that goes to the top tier.

And then for the top tier, I want to do a Cheesburger, for cheesebuger in paradise.

Cute, or way too busy and tacky??

Any thoughts, ideas, etc are greatly appreciated! icon_smile.gif THANKS!

3 replies
erin2345 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 3:39am
post #2 of 4

you could try and hide the pipe by making a margarita glass around it. that's all i got icon_smile.gif

Bskinne Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 3:49am
post #3 of 4

Not sure how big your gap is, but what about shark fins?

debbief Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 4

I really like the idea of the margarita glass hiding the tube. And it will be supporting the margaritaville tier. perfect thumbs_up.gif

I like the idea of the cheeseburger on top. This cake sounds like so much fun! Way more fun than the two twilight cakes I have coming up...for the same b-day girl having two parties icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%