Need Cake With Alcohol...

Decorating By GL79 Updated 26 Feb 2011 , 3:30pm by jenniemar

GL79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GL79 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 3:29am
post #1 of 10

Hello CCers,
I had a request from a friend that wants a cake with liquor for his brother's birthday. I've searched the recipe section but can't seem to find any, the only one I found was one that had Chambord Liquer. Are there any others you recomend? Thanks in advance.

9 replies
cakesherry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesherry Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 3:48am
post #2 of 10

I use alcohol so often in my cakes my husband suggested I name my business "The Drunk Chef"! (I didn't). One of my most popular (and delicious) cakes I make are the Stout Cake from Epicurious.com - I love that recipe - best chocolate cake. I use a guiness chocolate beer with it.
I like to top brush each layer with straight Kahlua, then top with chocolate ganache laced with a shot of Amaretto, and then filled with Italian Meringue Buttercream made with Amaretto.

Once the cake is stack, I cover it in ganache and serve as is, decorated with some fondant roses or cover in ganache and then fondant, if desired.
It's delicious!

If you want something lighter, try a butter cake with a shot of Grand Marnier, filled with lemon curd mixed with buttercream and brushed with limoncello - also ridiculously good!

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 4:00am
post #3 of 10

I have baked with Creme de Menthe, Bailey's, and Triple Sec. All of them were from doctored recipes that I found on this site.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 4:05am
post #4 of 10

I get rave reviews over the Chocolate Guinness cake.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 5:09am
post #5 of 10
punita123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punita123 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 11:15am
post #6 of 10

"When you are baking this cake, your house will smell so good!"

Ingredients

* 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
* 1 (3 ounce) package blackberry gelatin
* 4 eggs
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 cups blackberry wine
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 cup butter, softened

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour on 9 or 10 inch tube pan. Put chopped pecans in bottom of pan.
2. Combine the cake mix, blackberry gelatin, eggs, oil, and 1 cup blackberry wine. Beat for 2 minutes then pour batter over top of pecans.
3. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Pour 1/2 of blackberry wine glaze over top of cake while still warm. Let set for 10 minutes then remove cake from pan. Allow cake to cool fully before pouring the remaining glaze on top.
4. To Make Blackberry Wine Glaze: Mix together the confectioner's sugar, 1/2 cup blackberry wine, and the softened butter or margarine. Beat until smooth.

GL79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GL79 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 7:22pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks everyone for the input.

But she decided not to get it after all, my price is to high I guess!!

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 5:05pm
post #8 of 10

That's okay, I still want to add my two cents:

When I make a cake (rum cake) I substitute the water with rum then I brush rum over my cake layers.

Sometime in the next week, I will be making a Patron Cake with the Patron mixed in the batter, the filling and the icing.

harmsgerm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harmsgerm Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 3:22pm
post #9 of 10

I saw a recipe here for "Irish Car Bomb" cupcakes...

http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/car-bomb-cupcakes/

jenniemar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniemar Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 3:30pm
post #10 of 10

my daughter used that recipe for Irish Car Bomb cupcakes and it is awesome. I made the cupcakes last week and have them frozen waiting on the ganache and frosting- I used Chocolate Guiness i mine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%