Cake Central Is Magic

Decorating By kimmisue2009 Updated 18 Feb 2011 , 4:53pm by cakeyouverymuch

kimmisue2009 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 1:11am
post #1 of 11

This place is magic!!! I joined a couple of years ago - gonna take the cake world by storm. Long story short - not so easy.

BUT - instead of continuing (unsuccessfully) to copycat, I started reading tips and tricks. I am just a hobby baker, so nothing lost.

Tonight, I tried two "tricks." One, the "heat your oven to 400 degrees and then lower it to 350 when you put the cupcakes in" and I HAVE PERFECTLY DOMED CUPCAKES!

THEN, to add to the magic, I tried the "add a tiny bit of purple to your buttercream to take out the yellow tinge" and I HAVE BEAUTIFUL PALE BEIGEY WHITISH ICING.

Don't care how dorky it sounds. I am totally thankful for all the people on here who are willing to share their knowledge. I would take pics, but my kitchen looks like cake terrorists broke in.

Thank you magic people!!!

10 replies
NanaSandy Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 5:20am
post #2 of 11

I couldn't agree with you more!! And yes, caking is addicting!!

conchita Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 5:46am
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmisue2009

This place is magic!!! I joined a couple of years ago - gonna take the cake world by storm. Long story short - not so easy.

BUT - instead of continuing (unsuccessfully) to copycat, I started reading tips and tricks. I am just a hobby baker, so nothing lost.

Tonight, I tried two "tricks." One, the "heat your oven to 400 degrees and then lower it to 350 when you put the cupcakes in" and I HAVE PERFECTLY DOMED CUPCAKES!

THEN, to add to the magic, I tried the "add a tiny bit of purple to your buttercream to take out the yellow tinge" and I HAVE BEAUTIFUL PALE BEIGEY WHITISH ICING.

Don't care how dorky it sounds. I am totally thankful for all the people on here who are willing to share their knowledge. I would take pics, but my kitchen looks like cake terrorists broke in.

Thank you magic people!!!

lol my kitchen is a mess too, well I just learn something new a bout the cupcakes thanks! and I also thinm there is so many good people with BIG hearts here at CC that are willing to help.

Jackie Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 7:24am
post #4 of 11

Love it! Love all the "magic people" too! thumbs_up.gif

sugardugar Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 11

amen!

letsgetcaking Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 11

I agree. This is a wonderful site, and I've learned so much from everyone here!

Renaejrk Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 6:29am
post #7 of 11

Yes! It is great here! I love all the wonderful people willing to share so much!

MelissaMay Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 7:34am
post #8 of 11

Thank you all who have helped my hobby baking become so much more!! Definitely magic!!

Chala86 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 8:00am
post #9 of 11

Complete magic. I've learned so much from this forum already - how to do things with cake that I previously thought would be impossible for me to do. I'm well and truly addicted to this website and now don't know what I would do without it.

CakeCrystals Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 4:26pm
post #10 of 11

I second that emotion. Cake Central has become my caking family and I don't know what I would do without them. Everyone here is so awesome and have the willingness to help anyone that needs it. God Bless Jackie and Co. for creating such an ADDICTIVE site.

Sing it with me.....
WE ARE FAMILY...

cakeyouverymuch Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 4:53pm
post #11 of 11

DITTO the OP's sentiments. I 'lurked' in the shadows for a year before I joined and learned so much from everyone from 'newbie's' to the 'forum addicts on up. When people ask where I 'learned to do that', I tell them that I went to YouTube U via the Google, but that I did my 'graduate work' at CC. If we sometimes fail to give credit where credit is due, this is to say to CCers everywhere 'Thank you all for all you've contributed to our education.'

"Cake terrorists" have wrecked my kitchen on occasion too (giggle).

Keep on cakin'.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%