Helter Skelter

Decorating By theicingqueen Updated 21 Feb 2011 , 2:17am by anxietyattack

theicingqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theicingqueen Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 12

hya folks i need some advice on a helter skelter wedding cake do i make the chute out of pastillage of can i buy i kit that attaches to side of cake HELP PLEASE XXXXXXXXXX

11 replies
millylu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millylu Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 10:17am
post #2 of 12

hi,
I am really new to this, but I did a quick search on google images and found this:

http://www.cakeinabox.co.uk/shop/1-Celebration-Cakes/115-Wedding/4487-Helter-Skelter-Wedding-Cake-.html

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scrumptiouscakes/4657536517/

It looks like they made it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 10:34am
post #3 of 12

Wow, I'm glad you posted the links to the photos because I had no idea what a helter skelter wedding cake was! the only thing that came to my mind, when I saw the subject line, was charles manson and the Sharon Tate murders! icon_surprised.gif And I just couldn't imagine a wedding cake with that theme!! icon_redface.gif

newbaker55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbaker55 Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 11:29am
post #4 of 12

Amen indy!

Maybe they should rename this to ' Too Drunk to Perform on our Wedding Night Cake'. icon_evil.gif

Did you get a load of the price tag at the first link? icon_surprised.gif

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 1:18pm
post #5 of 12

Oh my gosh ~ I thought Charles Manson also!!! That's the only thing I have ever associated with helter skelter!!! The picture is really cute! icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 1:19pm
post #6 of 12

Notice none of us are thinking "Beatles" ..... the band who actually did the song "Helter Skelter" that inspired Manson! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 12

I thought of the Beatles song , but then I couldn't remember what the song was about , so wasn't sure about the cake.

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 2:33pm
post #8 of 12

It must be a UK thing; where we Americans have a totally different association with those words.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 5:30pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Wow, I'm glad you posted the links to the photos because I had no idea what a helter skelter wedding cake was! the only thing that came to my mind, when I saw the subject line, was charles manson and the Sharon Tate murders! icon_surprised.gif And I just couldn't imagine a wedding cake with that theme!! icon_redface.gif

I'm SO glad I wasn't the only one who immediately associated Helter Skelter with Charles Manson! icon_lol.gif

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 6:37pm
post #10 of 12

Well, I'm a Beatle freak so I immediately thought of the song, which says "When I get to the bottom, I go back to the top of the slide, where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride, til I get to the bottom and I see you again...yeah, yeah, yeah..." LOL, but even then I never thought about what all of that means! I never knew that a Helter Skelter was an amusement park ride!

Sorry, no advice for your cake, though. I'm not experienced enough for that design! It looks really cool!

indydebi Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 1:49am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyTex

I never knew that a Helter Skelter was an amusement park ride!

Ohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is THAT what it means!!!!!!>??? I had no idea! Just thought it was another Lennon/McCartney play on words about falling down and picking yourself up as you go thru life! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 2:17am
post #12 of 12

I thought Manson too hahaha. Even though I've heard the Beatles song too! Well I looked at the pictures and I thought that maybe this tutorial might help.

http://cakecentral.com/articles/662/how-to-carve-a-spiral-cake

I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%