Best Way To Wire A Daisy Please!

Decorating By Ninky Updated 16 Feb 2011 , 9:27pm by Ninky

Ninky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ninky Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 5

Hi just got the plunger type of daisy cutters. Lots of clips on how to make a daisy and they look easy, but I need to wire them.
Would it be OK to make a cone shape flatten it a bit and stick that to the underside on the centre on the daisy?

4 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 5

I think I made gumpaste daisies in the Wilton Gumpaste Flowers course. All the flowers we made were on a wire. If I remember correctly we started with a small ball at the end of the wire which we let dry first (it may have been tinted as well if we wanted). And then we threaded the daisy petals from the cutter up the wire and put a little gum glue on it so it would stick.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 5

I make a closed hook on a wire and the put a ball of paste on the end. I work it done a bit so I get a tear drop shape. Then I take and put the end into a dairy center mold. I let it dry overnight.
Then when you go to make your daisy you plunge out the first one and then wet the center a bit. Then stab the wire threw the center so that you slide the cut out to the center. Place it in a cup that has tinfoil on it and repeat three times. You can put them in different positions by placing pieces of foam inbetween certain petals. THen let this dry overnight. You might have to take it out of the cup and let dry upside down for a while also depending on your humidity level.

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 5

LOL - yeah, that's pretty much what I meant to say. Once I read that I thought "oh yeah, put the ball on the small hooked end of the wire so it stays put". We did let the centre dry first, and then cut out the daisy petals and threaded them onto the wire and let them dry in a flower forming cup if it had a home in the centre to put the wire through, or dried them upside down. Generally I think the gumpaste dried enough as we glued on the petals that they held without being upside down.

Ninky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ninky Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks lots, I understand, thats how I make my Bell flowers, you guys are so very kind!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%