Smaller Betty Crocker Cake Mix

Decorating By ellen1 Updated 29 Aug 2011 , 8:24pm by Baker_Rose

ellen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellen1 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 6

Has anybody seen a smaller Betty Crocker Cake Mix? I think it is supposed to be about 15 ounces. A friend of mine in Indiana told me about it, but I can't find it where I live....

5 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 6

the smallest cake mixes i've seen are sold as "cupcake mix" and only make a dozen (where a normal cake mix make about 2 dozen) The cupcake mix is the same as the cake mix, it's just half the ingredients.

verocakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verocakes1 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 6

I just got some new boxes of Betty Crocker cake mixes and WOW what a difference!!! The boxes are a lot smaller now than they were before! It's weird that the recipe on the back still calls for the same amounts! I wonder how the new size is going to affect cake quality!? I had a few older boxes and compaqred the size and it's really noticeable. It drives me nutts that companies are always trying to screw consumers over and give you less for youer money! Plus the cost has gone up for cake mix where I live too so it feels like you're getting even less!

paula0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula0712 Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 12:38am
post #4 of 6

I just tried the new smaller French Vanilla mix. I'm baking it in an 8" pan (3" deep) and it's already come up level to the top. Just not as big as a crown that I would normally get. Maybe I just won't have to cut off as much to get a level cake.... this could work as I already have enough cake "scraps" to make quite a few cake pops (which I despise making).

Michelle84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle84 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 5:15am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula0712

I just tried the new smaller French Vanilla mix. I'm baking it in an 8" pan (3" deep) and it's already come up level to the top. Just not as big as a crown that I would normally get. Maybe I just won't have to cut off as much to get a level cake.... this could work as I already have enough cake "scraps" to make quite a few cake pops (which I despise making).

Oh no! I love eating the cake scraps icon_cry.gif

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 8:24pm
post #6 of 6

I was in my local market yesterday and I happened to look at the Betty Crocker mixes. They are still on the shelf at 18 ounces, so maybe their warehouse has the older ones.

Tami icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%