Help With Basketball Court Birthday Cake Please!

Decorating By idontknow Updated 16 Feb 2011 , 11:43am by Occther

idontknow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idontknow Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 11:10am
post #1 of 2

Hiya

I'm planning a basketball cake for my husband's birthday this weekend. I haven't made one before, but mycakeschool has a straighforward looking video which I think I can manage. I have a coupld of design questions though which I'm hoping you can help me out with:

- Ideas on covering the rectangle cake board? I do like to cover with decorative wrapping paper but not sure if this will suit the theme? Couldn't really think of anything else, not sure what goes with a basketball court cake in terms of cake board! I did have the idea of making Apple (mac) coloured stripes of fondant to cover the board as he is tech nut.

- Not being an expert in basket ball myself, what colour should I use for the court floor? I am planning on using buttercream only.

- Also, any idea on the making the rings and netting?

Thanks!

1 reply
Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 11:43am
post #2 of 2

If he has a favorite team, you could cover the board with their colors. I always think of wood floors with basketball so wood contact paper would also work. For ideas, go to google, click on "Images" at top of search page, and then enter "basketball court cake." Lots of ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%