Water?

Decorating By andlydle Updated 18 Feb 2011 , 7:44pm by andlydle

andlydle Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 6:44am
post #1 of 5

I'm not entirely sure if this is even possible, but I'm aiming to make a cake of a pitcher pouring water into a well (i realize this is slightly backwards from what you normally do with a well, but for some reason that's what we decided). I'm going to make the clay pitcher out of RC and the well will be the cake all covered in fondant. I don't know how to make the water. I saw on some shows where they made a hard candy that looked like water. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance!

4 replies
andlydle Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 3:27am
post #2 of 5

i'm giving myself a bump. if anyone knows how to make "water" to put on a cake, I'd really appreciate a tutorial or at very least a general idea.

I kind of thought about melting down blue jolly ranchers and putting them in a mold or something...is that a bad idea or am i on the right track?

thanks!

sillywabbitz Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 4:27am
post #3 of 5

Do a search for soda pouring cakes. Easiest way is to google 'pouring soda cakecentral' and it will search CC for you. I think the process would be the same and several people have posted instructions.

KateLS Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 5:02am
post #4 of 5

I have never tried it, but I suggest gelatin, slightly tinted. Somehow stretch it into the shape needed and once dry you can cut it a bit to make it more how you want it? I've never worked with gelatin, but I've read a lot of tutorials and plan to try using it soon.

Good luck!

andlydle Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 5

thanks for the suggestions. I'm searching google right now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%