Battle Of The Bulge?

Lounge By crazycupcake Updated 17 Feb 2011 , 1:50am by cheatize

crazycupcake Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 5:12am
post #1 of 17

I'm curious how many cakers have gained weight since they started cakin! I know I have, and I'm curious as to what has worked for you in dealing with the problem. Anybody? icon_smile.gif

16 replies
jo3d33 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 5:43am
post #2 of 17

I have gained but I don't think its from the cake. I don't really eat much of it. When I level the tops I will take a taste to make sure it tastes good, but I rarely have a whole slice. I just like food in general. Lol

mfoxx9 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 5:48am
post #3 of 17

I have! Although now that it's been almost a year since I've started, I've pretty much lost my taste for cake and icing. I'll only munch on a couple of my favorite flavors, and I never get through a whole piece. That's a start! But now my problem is eating too much of the non-sweet comfort food. I've successfully lost weight in the past after babies, and for me, it takes sticking to a very structured nutrition program. I also just joined a gym, so hopefully I'll begin to make some progress. Good luck!

ChRiStY_71 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 17

I battle the bulge...but I can't blame it on cake! icon_redface.gif

ChRiStY_71 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 17

I battle the bulge...but I can't blame it on cake! icon_redface.gif

jenscreativity Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 4:03pm
post #7 of 17

I"m not much of a cake eater really and so much of it, gets old..BUT I LOVE the icings!! So, I chew sugarless gum while working with cakes, whether baking or decorating..It's amazing after you chew it for awhile,,cake stuff tastes yucky..Make sure you get gum on the minty side vs fruity side so it will take your urge off of wanting to eat cake/icing. This does miracles!

Also, I have my hubby try my cake tops or if I have extra batter, I'll make a couple cupcakes for him to try to make sure it tastes ok. He honestly tells me if it's thumbs up or down, yet it is MOST of the time thumbs up..yay! Ask your hubby/or whomever to try out your baked goods for opionion.

Just a couple tips for you to help.

Blesses
Jenifer

crazycupcake Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 4:06pm
post #8 of 17

Thanks! I'm trying out the HCG pounds and inches, I think I like food in general way to much also!

TexasSugar Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 5:15pm
post #9 of 17

I took a quick glance and saw that that diet talks about a 500 calorie a day diet? Please please don't do it. Your body needs more than that.

Look into a eating plan that is something that you would be able to do in the long run, other wise when you stop following the diet you will gain the weight back. There are alot of things you can do to cut back on eating with out having to go to extremes.

crazycupcake Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 6:11pm
post #10 of 17

icon_smile.gif I can see your concern! Its very popular where I am. Have you looked seriously into it? Fat is high in nutrition. Yes, its only 500 calories consumed, but your body actually consumes more then 500 cal. That's why you lose so fast. I've done it before, and after 5 years ttc, I have a sweet daughter. If you want to pm me please do! I'd explain more.

ToniRod Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 6:28pm
post #11 of 17

My husband and I did the HCG Pounds and Inches too. I lost about 15 pounds and my husband lost 28 pounds... It does work, but as with things like this one should know all the risks. My husband was considering lapband, so this diet was less risky than that IMO.

crazycupcake Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 6:37pm
post #12 of 17

Good job! I didn't think it would work, I've been overweight most of my life. Its been a good thing at least for me. My doctor is the one who got me started on it!

TexasSugar Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 6:52pm
post #13 of 17

I don't know your personal situation, and if you feel comfortable with it, then that's what matters.

For me I've learned that the best thing I can do is just eat better and exercise more. When I do that I lose weight and keep it off. When I go back to eating fast foods and stuff is when I gain back. How I lose is how I want to be able to eat the rest of my life. I don't want to do drastic diets to take off the weight over and over. I've kept 30lbs off for going on 5 years now, and have about 30ish more to go. When my life levels out some, I'm going to get back to eating right and hope to be at my goal weight before the end of the year.

Our bodies need carbs and fats, though we are talking about the good kind of fats, protein and certain amounts of calories to fucntion properly. It is just about moderation.

Cakefield-cakes Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 6:53pm
post #14 of 17

Whats the HCG Diet? im in the UK and not heard of this!?

Thanks

cakegirl1973 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 7:25pm
post #15 of 17

I have gained about 30 pounds in the last year, mostly from caking. I am 37 years and up until about a year ago, I could pretty much eat what I wanted with minimal exercise. It just so happened that my metabolism started to change around the time I started to amp up my caking and do it as a (legal) side business. Then, I was trying new recipes all the time. I didn't pay attention to what I was putting into my mouth, and I didn't really exercise. Last month, I got tired of my clothes not fitting, and I joined the gym. So far, so good....

crazycupcake Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 8:03pm
post #16 of 17

The diet is called Pounds and Inches. I personally know it works, I've seen people I know that weighed 400 lbs lose all of their wieght and keep it off, for the most part. Yes do the research and decide if it works for you. It did wonders for me and my pcos.

cheatize Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 1:50am
post #17 of 17

Our local news just did a story on this, but I didn't need to see it to know about it. A diet message board I used to frequent had a thread on it. When asked for my opinion, I gave it, and was soundly slammed for it. They were buying it on the internet without a prescription. The diet is also extremely strict. The moment you eat something off the diet, you stop losing weight, according to the posters on that site.
If you are committed to doing this, please, I beg you, get the stuff with a prescription via a doctor that will monitor you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%