White Buttercream

Baking By Cakefield-cakes Updated 16 Feb 2011 , 9:32am by Cakefield-cakes

Cakefield-cakes Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Ladies

Have any of you out there have a white buttercream recipe you would like to share? i am fed up of never getting the right colour i want due to having started out with a creamy/yellow colour!

Thanks in advance xx icon_eek.gif

4 replies
zespri Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 5

I think using shortening instead of butter is the only way you can do it. If you don't mind using creamer and hi ratio shortening, loads of people swear by this. It's certainly very white and looks easy to work with, though I've never tried it:
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/5313/sugarshacks-buttercream-icing

shanter Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 5

I read somewhere on CC that you add an itsy bitsy teeny weeny amount of violet color to make frosting white. Add more (in tiny increments) until you get the white you want.

Shanter

MPH32 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 5

Here's the Wilton one I used that was perfectly white.

Ingredients:
  2/3 cup + 3 tablespoons water, divided
  1/4 cup Meringue Powder
  12 cups sifted confectioners' sugar, (about 3 lbs.) divided
  1 1/4 cups solid vegetable shortening
  3 tablespoons light corn syrup
  3/4 teaspoon salt
  3/4 teaspoon no-color almond extract
  3/4 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
  1/2 teaspoon no-color butter flavor
Makes: About 7 cups of icing.
instructions
Stiff Consistency:
In large bowl, combine 2/3 cup water and meringue powder; whip with electric mixer at high speed until peaks form. Add 4 cups sugar, one cup at a time, beating at low speed after each addition. Add remaining 8 cups sugar and 3 tablespoons water, shortening and corn syrup in 3 additions, blending well after each. Add salt and flavorings; beat at low speed until smooth. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use. For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.
For thin (spreading) consistency icing, add up to 4 more tablespoons each water and corn syrup

http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Snow-White-Buttercream-Icing

Cakefield-cakes Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 9:32am
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much i will be trying these this weekend then! will let you no icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%