OK guys i am a lottle upset right now. I am making all the candy for my best friends sons birthday party because her hubby is in the hospital. Last night i made about 50 gummy candies and about 75 chocolate candies. Today as the day i was making the lollipops. SO i get my syrup all ready and read the directions on my molds. It said CAN BE USED FOR HARD CANDY OR CHOCOLATE!!!!!!! OK so i start to pour i get the sucker poured and witht he extra syrup i decided to make some hard candies in my other dinosaur molds. Well i was pouring pretty fast to get it out befor eit hardened by the time i reached the last mold it was already getting hard and not pouring out very well. So i get about 6 of the 8 cavuities filled when what do i see my molds melting into my counter top. oh the horror. So i quickly pour the candy out of the last mold inhopes of salvageing it. i had to throw 3 molds away and was only able to save one and 2 of the cavities in that one are ruined. I still need to finish making the chocolate candies but now am not sure if i can. i guess tomorrow i will be making a trip to hobby lobby and micheals in hopes of finding new dino molds.
you can only use the white plastic molds for the hard candy, Yes you can do chocolate in these too. BUT the clear plastic molds are for chocolate not hard candy. Even using hard candy in the white plastic molds i would let cool some before pouring. My recipe calls for cooking to 300 so i would cool some at least to 260 before pouring in the molds.
Sorry this happened to you, i hope you didn't ruin your counter top too.
no just the molds. im soo mad that it says i can do both when clearly i cant!!!!!
I'm sorry to hear about your molds. Good luck on your next attempt.