Victoria's Secret Pink Cupcake Ideas! Help:)

Decorating By sameera1990 Updated 16 Feb 2011 , 11:49pm by Reimagining_Confections

sameera1990 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sameera1990 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 8:22am
post #1 of 8

HI!!
I'm making some cupcakes for a Victorias Secret Pink! store party and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how I should decorate them??

the cupcakes will be frosted with pink buttercream and I was thinking of making some fondant toppers I just dont know of what :/

thanks a lot! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

7 replies
tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 10:38am
post #2 of 8

I googled 'victoria's Secret Pink', and went to the website. I am seeing alot of younger woman's type things. Bras', panties, patterns in zebra stripes and leopard prints. The leopard prints are in pink and blue. Interesting stuff. I'm also seeing the word 'Pink', in college type letters. I also saw a lollipop in one of the adds.
Hope this helps!

tokazodo

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 12:28pm
post #3 of 8

I was going to suggest the lettering for the PINK line... You could frost in some of the colors they use (bright pink, blue, yellow) and make one letter per cupcake for some, so the word pink is scattered through your setup. They also use this really cute pink dog with white polka dots in their PINK advertising (okay, I go by there too often, lol) that would be easy to do, because it's just the shape. You could make 3d little pants, boy shorts, and tank tops, too. Just scatter all that on the other cupcakes.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 8

You could make some mini VS shopping bags and put those on top of the cupcakes.

Reimagining_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reimagining_Confections Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 1:37pm
post #5 of 8

All the Victoria's secret models wear wings during the runway shows(I think). could even make a little t-shirt(fondant gumpaste) with wings behind(could use wafer paper for the wings and luster dust.

Might even make big fondant heart and do the wings behind (think of the tattoo heart design with wings that is everywhere) and use tappits or edible pens and write on them the PINK in the collegiate font.

Need to use sparkle(rhinestones, glitter, are on like everything from there and sequins).

Black and silver are big accents. i bought a bunch of stuff from there last xmas- bling bling!

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 8

Make bras, panties, VS shopping bags, Wings (these are all suggested by the other CCers) out of fondant. Glitter them or give them 3d effect by dusting with colors. They will all look wonderful on a perfect swirl of icing.

Arrange the cupcakes on a sexy, chic stand.

They will look good, IMO.

HTH

sameera1990 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sameera1990 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 11:29pm
post #7 of 8

yay! thank you all sooo much for the amazing ideas/sugggestions!! I love them all and I'll keep you guys updated!

thanks icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Reimagining_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reimagining_Confections Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 11:49pm
post #8 of 8

Please do, sounds like fun. I didn't mention you could make wings using the gelatin(like the butterfly) wing technique. Should work too!

I just finished this weekend and posted my daughters pic of her skate cake- so hard to make a cake when you are emotional(mad, sad, pissed, ticked, sad). causing you to do crazy things like try new methods you know nothing of(candy clay, MFF, electronics, more sugar experimentations). not a good idea.

Good luck on your cuppies, I look forward to seeing their pics! No matter what you do, it will be fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%